ELPHABA IN THE WEST END’S WICKED - PATRON OF EDSA - BROADWAY & WEST END STAR.
Kerry Ellis trained at Laine Theatre Arts. Kerry is our official Patron at EDSA.
Kerry Ellis has fast become recognised as the First Lady of West End musicals from her starring roles in London and on Broadway.
Kerry’s first major CD release was the amazing Wicked in Rock, which is still flying high in the Dress Circle’s bestseller list. Wicked in Rock was in collaboration with long time friend and Queen guitarist, Brian May. This led to her being signed to Universal as a solo recording artist and her debut album Anthems was released in 2010 on Decca Records.
The success of the album, which reached no.15 in the UK album chart, and no.10 in the UK pop club charts (for Defying Gravity), led to a major tour, “Anthems: The Concert” throughout 2011.
She has performed internationally promoting the album including performances at the Royal Variety Performance, at the Laurence Olivier Awards, duetting with Barry Manilow on BBC Television and Radio, at G.A.Y., on Loose Women, Alan Titchmarsh Show, BBC Breakfast, at the Henley Festival alongside John Barrowman, at the Queen’s Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace and most recently a run of An Audience with Kerry Ellis at the Shaw Theatre.
Other performances include singing the National Anthem for the FA Cup match at Wembley Stadium, a sold out tour of Champions of Rock in Sweden, and playing Svetlana to critical acclaim in Chess at the Royal Albert Hall opposite Idina Menzel and Josh Groban, which was released on DVD and CD and screened on US network television, Thank You For The Music the BBC Radio 2 ABBA concert in Hyde Park, night of 1000 Voices, The Festival of Remembrance (both Royal Albert Hall) and she headlined the BBC Proms in the Park 2010.
Watch Kerry perform and find out more of Kerry’s credits here: http://www.kerryellis.co.uk/
- Creating the role of Meat in We Will Rock You – Dominion Theatre
- First British Elphaba in the West End’s Wicked – winning the 2008 Whatsonstage.com
- Award for ‘Best Takeover in a Role’ and the Broadway.com
- Audience Award for ‘Favourite Female Breakthrough Performance’ having played Elphaba for 6 months at the Gershwin Theater Nancy in Oliver! Theatre Royal, Drury Lane
- Ellen in Miss Saigon, National Tour
- Fantine in Les Miserables
- Svetlana in Chess in Concert opposite Josh Groban, Adam Pascal and Marti Pellow – Royal Albert Hall
- Performing at the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace
- Collaborating with Queen Guitarist Brian May on the album Wicked in Rock and performing Defying Gravity with Brian May at the 2008 Royal Variety Performance, then touring with Brian in 2011
- Solo album, Anthems, released on Decca Records in 2010 and “Anthems: The Concert” tour in 2011