Gap Year course
Our extreme, triple threat Musical Theatre One Year Gap Year / Foundation course is designed for people aged between 17 and 24. This is perfect for people who want to take their training to the next level, and prepares students for Musical Theatre / dance / drama school auditions.
"If you can find a like for like Musical Theatre course in the U.K. offering more contact hours with private weekly singing lessons included in fees for less money we will train you for FREE"
FACT: "Six students from one Emil Dale year group alone were offered the 3 Year MT course at Arts Educational London after training with us!" 2016. Nine students from one Emil Dale year group alone were offered places at Mountview in 2018. Other offers Mountview, Laines, Birds, Guildhall, Urdang, GSA and many more...
CLICK HERE for our Youtube Channel
AUDITIONS & OPEN DAYS
WHAT DOES YOUR COURSE OFFER
We audition throughout the year. There are only TWO things to prepare. You will need to learn one monologue of your choice lasting approximately 2 minutes, and two contrasting musical theatre songs with sheet music (you must bring the sheet music with you), cut to around 2 minutes also.
You will take part in one jazz class where you will be taught and asked to perform a routine, and may also be invited for an interview at the end.
We are looking for trainability. Many people come to us as a strong singer or a stronger dancer. Do not let anything hold you back!
We also offer free open days. To apply for an AUDITION / OPEN DAY please CLICK HERE
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Emil Dale Academy’s one-year Gap Year Foundation course the following:
- Access to the Emil Dale Academy facilities – 1 x 12,000 square foot and 1 x 10,000 square foot purpose-built studio complex with 12 studios and a 200-seater theatre (The Factory Playhouse, Hitchin)
- High contact training hours
- Small year group sizes
Weekly (Please note that a condensed timetable is run during show terms to accommodate rehearsals and shows):
- Private 1-to-1 singing lessons for every student
- West End Jazz classes (Streamed in ability)
- Acting classes (Including acting for stage and screen, text deconstruction, monologues, audition technique, acting projects)
- Technical Ballet classes (Streamed in ability)
- Ensemble Singing Classes (Technical harmony workshops)
- 30-minute cardio sessions
- Tap dance classes (Streamed in ability)
- Song and Dance classes
- Acting Through Song workshops
- West End Masterclasses (Taught by professional working in top UK Touring and West End shows)
Additional weekly classes may include a combination of the following:
- Commercial dance classes
- Contemporary dance classes
- Performance workshops
- History of Musical Theatre classes
- Professional development (Learning about the industry and gaining understanding of casting, job roles, submitting tax return, nutrition and more)
Apply now to audition!
- Musical Theatre or Acting Projects
Emil Dale are proud to offer full and part scholarships which are granted after applicants audition successfully. These are means tested. Do not let funding put you off! Everyone should have the right to train.
We keep fees for all of our courses to a minimum. Our fees work out to be around half the price of similar courses, whilst offering nearly double the contact hours. We also include private individual weekly singing lessons in your fees. We are not an elitist school and believe everybody should be given a chance to train with us if they audition successfully. We offer payment plans which can spread the costs over the course of 10 months. Many of our students have successfully been granted funding from private companies to help support them at our College. Emil Dale does offer a small number scholarships himself.
Here is a rough guide:
We here at Emil Dale appreciate that this will be the first time that many students will be away from home so we give new students as much support as possible in housing our new students; whether it be in a privately let house with other students or for some students who will be moving into host family accommodation.
EDA sets up a private EDA Facebook "accommodation page" which allows new students to be contacted by existing students with information on houses and rooms that are available. This private web page is also constantly updated by EDA with links to
The EDA Facebook page is a great forum for the students to speak with one another to form groups and also see what potential rooms may be available in existing EDA houses.
- Rent is approximately £80-100 a week (give or take depending on property)
- Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
- Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
- Host families are available in the local area who rent out their rooms. Many of these families are teachers and all families require a DBS check.
Download our prospectus
We are driven by results! Take a look at student destinations by CLICKING HERE