INTENSIVE 2 YEAR MUSICAL THEATRE COURSE
Our professional, extreme, triple threat, two year, sixth form musical theatre course is designed for people ages 16-19. This course is a foundation course designed to help students gain places at top Musical Theatre Colleges: Emil Dale academy, Arts Ed, Mountview, GSA, Laines, Bird and Urdang. You can achieve up to 320 UCAS points. This course is a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre) and the equivalent to 3 A Levels.
"If you can find a more extreme 2 year course, like for like, offering more contact hours including private singing lesson in your fees, for less money we will train you FREE"
FACT: "6 students from one Emil Dale year group alone were offered the 3 year MT course at Arts Educational London" 2016. 9 students from one Emil Dale year group alone were offered places at Mountview in 2018. Other students have been offered places at Laines, Birds, Mountview, Urdang, GSA, Guildhall and many more..
CLICK HERE for our online open day
CLICK HERE for our Youtube Channel
AUDITIONS & OPEN DAYS
WHAT DOES YOUR COURSE OFFER
We audition throughout the year. There are only TWO things to prepare. You will need to learn a monologue of your choice lasting approximately 1 minute and one musical theatre song with sheet music (you must bring the sheet music with you).
You will take part in one jazz class all together and have an interview at the end.
We are looking for trainability. Many people come to us as a strong singer or a stronger dancer. Do not let anything hold you back!
We also offer free open days. To apply for an AUDITION / OPEN DAY please CLICK HERE
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Extreme - Triple Threat - Affordable Fees - North of London (Only 30 mins from Kings Cross London) - Cheap Accommodation
"If you can find a course like for like Musical Theatre course in the UK, offering more contact hours with weekly private singing lessons included in the fees for every student, for less money, we will train you completely FREE!"
What to expect from the course, weekly / termly / over 2 years:
- More West End masterclasses every week than anywhere else
- Attached to a professional agency for TV / FILM / THEATRE www.dalehammondassocates.com (Many students work professionally)
- All run from our own 12,000 square foot and a 10,000 square foot, purpose built studio complex with 6 studios and a 200 seater theatre. (The Factory Playhouse, Hitchin)
- Every year each student takes part in 1 full-scale musical
- At the end of their second year, each student takes part in an end of year Showcase
- Up to 35 contact hours a week
- A minimum of 32 weeks a year
- No more than 43 people in a year group
- A maximum of 22 people in a class
Weekly (**Please note during show terms, we will run a condensed timetable to accommodate rehearsals and shows):
- Private 1-to-1 singing lesson for every student every week (With top industry professionals from across the UK)
- Up to 35 contact hours a week (More than any like for like course at this level)
- 3 x West End Jazz classes (Streamed in ability)
- 3 x Acting classes (Including monologue workshops for classical and modern, audition preparation & acting for stage and screen)
- 3 x Technical ballet classes (Streamed in ability)
- 3 x Ensemble singing classes (Technical harmony workshops)
- 5 x 45 mins of cardio and strengthening
- Song and dance class with West End performers (Up to 30 a term)
- Song workshop to prepare your audition songs with top casting directors & industry professionals
- Weekly West End Masterclasses (taught by professionals working in top UK Touring and West End shows)
- Tap dance (streamed in ability)
Additional weekly classes include a combination of the following:
- Commercial dance (With industry professionals)
- Contemporary dance (Teacher from London Contemporary Dance School)
- History of musical theatre
- Business (UCAS, personal statements, CV & colleges application help)
- Careers talks with drama school representatives and working industry professionals from stage a screen. (Arts Ed and Mountview have already visited us.)
- Performance workshop (Perform individually in front of your year group)
- Musical Theatre or Acting Projects
- Careers talks with casting directors, agents & producers
Emil Dale Academy keeps fees for all our courses to a minimum. Our fees work out to around half the price similar courses with nearly double the contact hours. We also include private individual weekly singing lessons in your fees. We are not an elitist school and believe everybody should be given a chance to train with us if they audition successfully.
We offer payment plans which spread the costs over 10 months. Many of our students have successfully been granted funding from private companies to help support them at our College. Emil Dale does offer a small number scholarships himself - these are granted after successful audition and are means tested.
The skills funding agency fund around 12 hours a week for each student for the level 3 Extended Diploma in Musical Theatre ages 16-19. The fees you pay are for the additional "TOP UP" contact hours which Emil Dale provide under the private sector of the course (all the additional hours around the BTEC). This allows us to fill the course with all the additional contact hours in dancing, singing, acting and private singing lessons weekly.
Do not let funding put you off! Everyone should have the right to train.
The 2 Year Course fees are:
2017 2 YEAR COURSE £1316 a term inclusive of VAT (£3950 annual)
Get in contact should you need any more information email@example.com
Here at Emil Dale, we appreciate that this will be the first time that many students will be away from home so we give new students as much support as possible in finding housing; whether it be in a Emil Dale Academy student house or for some students who will be moving into host family accommodation.
EDA sets up a private EDA Facebook "accommodation page" which allows new students to be contacted by existing students with information on houses and rooms that are available. This private web page is also constantly updated by EDA with links to useful sites, contacts and potential housing.
The EDA Facebook page is a great forum for the students to speak with one another to form groups and also see what potential rooms may be available in existing EDA houses.
- Rent is approximately £80-100 a week (give or take depending on property)
- Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
- Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
- Host families are available in the local area who rent out their rooms. Many of these families are teachers and all families require a DBS check.
Find out more about the 3 Year Diploma
Find out more about Gap Year
Download our prospectus
We are driven by results! Take a look at student destinations by CLICKING HERE