Social Media Content Creator
Job Description: Social Media Content Creator (Full-time)
Employer: Emil Dale Academy
Department: Emil Dale Academy and West End Excess
Line Manager: Principal
Report to: Principal and West End Excess Manager
Emil Dale Academy is a pioneering musical theatre college. Our courses are at the forefront of performing arts training in the UK, offering high contact hours, industry professional teachers and highly intensive, triple-threat musical theatre training to people from all over the world.
Students are encouraged to grow into intelligent performers with an aim to make a sustainable living in the performing arts. Making choices about their own progression and personal development will prepare them for the future, as well as for forging a career in the industry.
Emil Dale Academy is dedicated to providing world class intensive, triple-threat training to the next generation of leading performers.
Our vision is for accessible, outstanding training, delivered by industry professionals, led by innovation and excellence at the core of everything we do.
Outstanding quality: Working towards industry standard required training across all disciplines of singing, dance and acting.
Innovation: Encouraging students to create challenging work in collaboration with musical directors, directors, choreographers and leading practitioners.
Excellence: Nurturing students to grow into intelligent industry-ready performers who can make a sustainable living in the performing arts.
Job title: Social Media Content Creator
Required from: Immediate
Full-time position. Monday – Friday. 40 hours per week.
Salary: Starting at £25,000 (dependent on experience)
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management and content generation of social media channels (with a focus on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook) across all Emil Dale brands. This includes Emil Dale Academy, The Factory Playhouse Theatre, West End Excess, and Dale Hammond Associates.
The postholder will promote Emil Dale Academy and its brands, support campaign activity, and engage and develop the Academy’s online network. They will be required to use visual storytelling skills, including photography, videography and graphic design.
The successful candidate will work closely with the senior management team to implement a new social media strategy and content plan throughout communication channels.
We are looking for someone with demonstrable experience of content creation and social media management, ideally in the cultural or education sector.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing Emil Dale Academy’s social media presence
- Planning, filming/photographing, editing and publishing content for use across Emil Dale Academy’s social media and digital platforms
- Planning, creating and delivering social media and e-marketing campaigns
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Video and Photo Content
- Utilise videography and photography skills to plan, create and edit high-quality, imaginative, and engaging visual content for sharing across multiple online platforms.
Digital and Social Media
- Utilise graphic design skills to design and deliver e-marking campaigns, including social media content, mass e-mails and digital advertising.
- Manage Emil Dale Academy’s social media platforms daily.
- Monitor social media communications (comments on posts, mentions, and direct messages) in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Work with senior management to develop and implement paid social activity to support key marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and evaluate social performance of all paid and organic social activity to make effective recommendations for improvements.
- Continuously develop knowledge and understanding of social channels and trends to support brand development on an ongoing basis.
Graphic Design and Advertising
- Create digital advertising material using programmes such as Canva.
- Design and create in-house printable signage.
- Book and track all print and digital advertising.
- Build video and photo content as a means to continually develop Emil Dale Academy’s website as a key marketing tool.
- Implement regular visual refreshes of the Emil Dale Academy website, using new updated photo and video content.
- Ensure correct and effective use of Emil Dale branding and style across all print material, internally and externally.
- Consistently raise brand awareness across social media and online platforms.
- Develop and maintain content calendars for all Emil Dale brands to drive engagement.
- Deliver post-campaign analysis for all campaigns offering clear ROI.
- Produce regular reports from relevant systems.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
** The above accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility.
The above duties may involve having access to information of a confidential nature that may be covered by the Data Protection Act. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
The postholder will work within the company’s established policies and practices including equal opportunities, safeguarding, artistic and social policies.
The post holder must be flexible to ensure that the operational needs of the Company are met. This includes undertaking duties of a similar nature and responsibility as and when required.
All Employees are expected to take positive action to promote Equal Opportunities in all aspects of the work of Emil Dale Academy.
The Health and Safety at Work Act and other associated legislation places responsibility for the Health and Safety of all employees. Therefore, it is the post holder’s responsibility to take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Welfare of themself and other employees in accordance with legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Act as an informed ambassador for the company’s work.
- Act always in the interests of Emil Dale Academy.
- Be responsible for the confidential and professional administration of Emil Dale Academy.
- Plentiful experience in graphic design
- Fantastic visual content creation skillset, alongside a good level of competency in writing necessary copy
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook; emphasising on Instagram
- Highly motivated with dedication to achieving
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinker, able to plan and implement decisions
- Enthusiastic, approachable, and flexible
- Ability to identify and progress work priorities with excellent time management
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of written and spoken English
Qualifications, Experience and Training Required
- Degree level or higher qualification in associated subject (Desirable)
- A minimum of 3 years experience in managing social media activity, preferably in the education or performing arts sectors (Desirable)
Terms and Conditions
On appointment, the successful candidate must be able to provide the correct documents as proof of their right to work in the UK.
This role is full-time.
Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org