Email us at email@example.com | Difficulties completing the form? Please call 01462 677 808.
Please fill out the form below to apply for a virtual audition. Virtual auditions can be used in place of a first round face to face audition and act as a good way of saving money on accommodation and travel expenses.
Here is the information you need when preparing for your audition.
We have found the best way to submit video files is any of the following options (we have no preference as to the method you use):
- Upload the video(s) to YouTube or Vimeo and send us the link – please upload the videos with your name as the file name
Requirements for 1st Round Virtual Audition
Please state your name at the beginning of each video.
Two contrasting songs (one should be a musical theatre song, the second can be musical theatre or another genre of your choosing) that you enjoy singing with sheet music in the correct key. Please prepare an audition version of each song which is no more than two minutes long.
Gap Year applicants - Prepare and perform one short monologue which can be any style or genre, and from any source.
SIXTH FORM - Prepare and perform one monologue from a published play.
DEGREE - Prepare and perform two contrasting monologues from a published play.
Degree girls - Please avoid Rosie from "Things I Know To Be True" and Leah from "DNA".
The monologue(s) should be performed in your own accent and the character should be close to your own age. Your monologue(s) should be no longer than two minutes long.
We require you to perform some set jazz exercises and a short jazz routine. The exercises are:
- 4 kicks to the front, and 4 kicks to the side, standing on the spot
- A single and a double pirouette, on both legs (right and left
- 8 jumps in parallel 1st, 8 jumps in parallel 2nd
- 8 jumps in turned out 1st, 8 jumps in turned out 2nd
Lastly, the short jazz routine should demonstrate rhythm, performance and musicality. We suggest this lasting for approximately 16 bars (however if you already have a recorded or filmed routine, please send us this and make it clear who you are if this is a group routine)
Please submit your videos as soon as possible, alongside an email with the following information:
- Date of birth and age
- Course(s) you are applying for (3 Year Degree, Gap Year or 2 year Sixth Form Course (BTEC) and if you wish to be considered for more than one course
- Contact phone number
- Correspondence address
- Do you attend our weekend school? (Hitchin or Cambridge)
- Details of experience to date
- A short paragraph detailing why you wish to train at Emil Dale Academy
Successful candidates from the 1st round audition will be invited to a 2nd round - this could be in the format of a face to face or virtual audition and will cost an extra £20. Further details about recalls will be provided should you be successful.
Emil Dale Academy is dedicated to widening participation within the industry and has set up an Audition Fee Waiver Scheme to encourage applications from talented candidates who are deterred from applying by financial barriers.
If you would like to talk through your eligibility for a waiver, please get in touch with our admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Waivers are only available to UK residents.
Covid 19 Information