Face to Face Audition
Please fill out the form below to apply for a face to face audition. Here is the information you need when preparing for your audition.
Requirements for face to face audition:
Two contrasting songs (one should be a musical theatre song, the second can be musical theatre or another genre of your choosing) that you enjoy singing with sheet music in the correct key. The sheet music should either be taped together or in a folder where the pages turn easily, like a book. Loose sheets are not acceptable. Please prepare an audition version of each song which is no more than two minutes long. If you have other songs that you feel comfortable singing, please bring these to your audition too.
Gap - One short monologue.
BTEC - One monologue from a published play.
Degree - Two contrasting monologues from a published play. Degree girls - Please avoid Rosey from "Things I Know To Be True" and Leah from "DNA".
The monologue(s) should be performed in your own accent and the character should be close to your own age. Your monologue(s) should be no more than two minutes long.
What to bring/prepare:
- Please WEAR appropriate dancewear (no baggy clothing, leotard and tights/ or tight fitted top and sports leggings are ideal) underneath your chosen attire for your acting and singing round.
- Please bring a bottle of water and snacks or lunch if you wish.
- Please bring your own face mask and hand sanitiser.
- Please only bring with you a small bag (no suitcases).
- You will also need your own pen.
- If you are auditioning for the DEGREE COURSE, you also need to bring* - a copy of your Personal Statement, photocopy of your Photo ID (driving licence or passport) and a copy of your exam certificates GCSE equivalent and upwards. If you were not born in the UK, please bring a copy of your passport. *Please note: Please do not bring original documents (only bring photocopies you are happy to leave with us). If you do not bring these to the audition, it will delay your application.
Emil Dale Academy is dedicated to widening participation within the industry and has set up an Audition Fee Waiver Scheme to encourage applications from talented candidates who are deterred from applying by financial barriers.
If you would like to talk through your eligibility for a waiver, please get in touch with our admissions team at email@example.com. Waivers are only available to UK residents.
Covid 19 Information