BA (Hons) Professional Musical Theatre
Emil Dale Academy are working with the University of Bedfordshire to deliver a BA (Hons) in Musical Theatre which means all new students have access to student finance England for tuition and living costs.
Our degree course has been specifically written for Emil Dale Academy which means we will be the ONLY Academy offering this degree. This also means we can continue to deliver intensive, specialist, triple-threat musical theatre training with high contact hours and small year groups.
We will still guarantee agency representation in 3rd year, massive contact hours, industry professionals from TV, film, theatre, weekly private 1-2-1 singing lessons for every student, every week, included in fees and a London showcase.
We are located only 30 mins on the train from London’s Kings Cross in Hitchin, Hertfordshire.
Our three-year BA in Professional Musical theatre provides extreme, triple-threat musical theatre training ensuring students become industry ready with outstanding technical tuition and study.
This course is for students 18 and up and provides students the opportunity to train to the highest standards for a professional career in musical theatre, whilst gaining solid skills that will enhance career prospects upon graduation.
- A passion for the performing arts
- 80 points (new UCAS tariff) through Level 3 academic qualifications (BTEC, A-Level, Scottish Highers etc)
- C in GCSE English Language (or equivalent).
EU and international students will need to have gained an Academic IELTS score of 6.5.
FACT: All students take part in a London Showcase with guaranteed musical theatre agency representation at the end of the course.
FACT: All fees include private 1-to-1 singing lessons every week for every student.
CLICK HERE for our online open day
CLICK HERE for our Youtube Channel
AUDITIONS & OPEN DAYS
WHAT DOES YOUR COURSE OFFER
Students apply directly to Emil Dale Academy for the BA Hons Musical Theatre course. Students do not have to apply through UCAS for this course.
We audition throughout the year. There are only TWO things to prepare. You will need to learn a monologue of your choice lasting approximately 1 minute and one musical theatre song with sheet music (you must bring the sheet music with you).
You will take part in one jazz class all together and have an interview at the end.
We are looking for trainability. Many people come to us as a strong singer or a stronger dancer. Do not let anything hold you back!
We also offer free open days. To apply for an AUDITION / OPEN DAY please CLICK HERE
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Extreme - Triple Threat - Affordable Fees - North of London (Only 30 mins from Kings cross) - Affordable Accommodation
What the course offers:
- London Showcase in front of agents & casting directors in London in your third year
- Guaranteed professional agency representation when you finish the course
- In third year - Participation in a full-scale production accompanied by a live West End band
- Based in our 12,000 sq. ft, 3-storey building with 12 studios and a 200-seater theatre (The Factory Playhouse, Hitchin)
- 32 contact hours a minimum
- A minimum of 31 weeks a year
- No more than 43 people in a year group
Weekly (**Please note during show terms, we will run a condensed timetable to accommodate rehearsals and shows):
- Private 1-to-1 singing lesson for every student every week (With top industry professionals from across the UK)
- Up to 36 contact hours a week
- 3 x West End Jazz classes (Streamed in ability)
- 3 x Acting classes (Including acting for stage and screen, text deconstruction, monologues, audition classes, acting projects)
- 3 x Technical ballet classes (Streamed in ability)
- 3 x Ensemble singing classes (Technical harmony workshops)
- 3 x 45 mins -1hour of cardio and strengthening
- Hot Yoga Classes
- Gym sessions (run by a qualified personal trainer who tailors the workout to suit your needs/requirements)
- Tap dance (streamed into beginner, intermediate & advanced)
- Song and dance class with West End performers (Up to 30 a term)
- Song workshop to prepare your audition songs with top casting directors & industry professionals
- Weekly West End Masterclasses (taught by professionals working in top UK Touring and West End shows)
Additional weekly classes include a combination of the following:
- Commercial dance (With industry professionals)
- Contemporary dance (Teacher from London Contemporary Dance School)
- Performance workshop (Perform individually in front of an audience)
- History of musical theatre
- Professional development (learning about the industry and gaining understanding of casting, job roles, submitting tax return, nutrition and more)
- Musical Theatre or Acting Projects
- Careers talks with casting directors, agents & producers
Apply now for an audition!
Do not let funding put you off! Everyone should have the right to train.
The BA (Hons) Professional Musical Theatre Fees are:
Course fees for 19/2020 are as follows:
BA (Hons) Professional Musical Theatre
£9,250 + additional extra-curricular opportunities*
The fees for studying on this programme are £9,250 per year. This fee covers all of the education and support required to complete the University of Bedfordshire degree programme.
*In addition, Emil Dale Academy offers a range of additional extra-curricular opportunities to provide exposure to professional musical performance and to enhance opportunities for your career. These are associated with an additional £3, 000 charge and it is not compulsory for any student to undertake these in order to complete their degree.
If you’re a full-time student you can apply for a tuition fee loan to cover your tuition fees and a maintenance loan to help with your living costs.
The tuition fee loan covers the tuition fees you’re charged each year of your course. It’s paid directly to Emil Dale Academy.
The maximum tuition fee loan typically available is £9,250.
All full-time students can also apply for a maintenance loan to help with their living costs. The exact amount you can borrow will depend on:
- Your household income
- Where you live
- When your start your course
- What year of study you’re in
- What help you get through the maintenance grant
*The tuition fee is not means tested which means that your household income will not be taken into consideration.
Find out more about student finance here: www.gov.uk/student-finance
Get in contact should you need any more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Emil Dale, we appreciate that this will be the first time that many students will be away from home so we give new students as much support as possible in finding housing; whether it be in a Emil Dale Academy student house or for some students who will be moving into host family accommodation.
EDA sets up a private EDA Facebook "accommodation page" which allows new students to be contacted by existing students with information on houses and rooms that are available. This private web page is also constantly updated by EDA with links to useful sites, contacts and potential housing.
The EDA Facebook page is a great forum for the students to speak with one another to form groups and also see what potential rooms may be available in existing EDA houses.
- Rent is approximately £80-100 a week (give or take depending on property)
- Council tax is exempt for students for the period of the course that they are on.
- Students usually set up a house account which they pay approximately £40 each per month into to cover utility bills.
- Host families are available in the local area who rent out their rooms. Many of these families are teachers and all families require a DBS check.
Find out more about Gap Year
Download our prospectus
We are driven by results! Take a look at student destinations by CLICKING HERE